San Francisco Resources
- The San Francisco government website has links for residents to a wide variety of public services, utilities, forms, information, and more. From emergency services to library cards to the public school calendar, this site is your one stop shop for all things civic in San Francisco.
- The San Francisco Planning Department’s map library also offers resources for departmental publications, a properties database, and quick access to relevant permits and zoning details. This resource also lets you access the raw data in Shapefile format, for savvy homebuyers and San Francisco residents.
- This property information map (PIM) offers publicly accessible information for the city, including zoning regulations, quick access to building permits, and even a history of complaints for a given property. It’s great as a quick reference when researching or considering a home purchase.
- This map of San Francisco public schools (more information, and private schools, can be found here) will help many prospective homebuyers to choose a particular neighborhood or area in the city.
- While your InvestSF agent will have more accurate or more thorough information, this tool is great for giving ball-park estimates for specific remodeling or repair costs for your home. It isn’t as useful as a real quote, but it can give you a sense of what to expect when you (and your agent) start meeting with contractors.
- Bike San Francisco’s Bikeway Network Map lays out, among other things, all the one-way streets and highlights dedicated bicycle lanes throughout the city. It’s especially useful for planning a commute — or just for fun!
- The San Francisco LGBT Center has its own dedicated resources pages, as well as links to programs and services for LGBT persons.
- An insider’s guide to all the best dog parks and walking trails. When considering a home purchase, or researching neighborhoods, don’t forget to factor in where and how you’ll be spending your time outside the home, as well.
HELPFUL SF REAL ESTATE SEARCH LINKS
ELECTRICITY & GAS
GARBAGE & RECYCLING:
Sunset Scavenger (415) 330-1300
SF Recycling & Disposal, Inc.
Paint Recycling & Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
U.S. Postal Service
1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777
CABLE, SATELLITE, AND INTERNET SERVICES
Dish Network 888-825-2557