Today, more than 200 SFAR and Women’s Council of REALTORS® members gathered to hear Leslie Appleton-Young, CAR’s Vice President and Chief Economist, deliver her economic and market outlook.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Consumer confidence is at a 7-year high
- The Bay Area leads job growth — San Jose (3.8%) and San Francisco (3.6%)
- New Home Sales rose 8.8 percent from 2013 to 2014
- In California, investors made up 15 percent of the market in 2014, compared to 19 percent in 2013
- In 2014, first-time homebuyers made up 30 percent of the market, compared to a long run average of 38 percent
- In San Francisco, 15 percent of households can afford the median home priced home
To access the full presentation, click here.